The Quantum Boca PT is a spinning reel designed for saltwater fishing applications. The Boca PT Spinning Reel, from Quantum Fishing, features a sleek design with equally appealing mechanics making it an excellent choice for saltwater fishing. The all new Boca PT reels represent one of the best values in high-performance saltwater spinning and are ready for anything the ocean can trow at them! Performance Tuned features like the sealed drag system, LMS line management system with ball bearing line roller and SCR alloy body and side cover make the new Boca PT series a must-have for serious anglers.
We offer the Quantum Boca Spinning Reel in six models: 40PTsE, 50PTsE, 60PTsE, 80PTsE, 100PTsE and 12PTsE0. For more detailed information on each model please consult the chart below.
About Quantum's Saltwater Reel Finishes
Still featuring Quantum's multi-layer saltwater coatings, Saltguard 2.0 has been upgraded to include their exclusive SCR Alloy in their aluminum frames and components. It's formulated to remove impurities from the alloy which create the source for corrosion in common aluminum alloys. The combination of SCR Alloy and Quantum's proprietary coating process greatly increases the corrosion resistance.
Quantum Boca Reel Features
- 7 Bearings (6 + Clutch)
- Sealed CSC ceramic
- stainless steel and carbon fiber drag system
- TiMAG® titanium fail-proof bail wire with magnetic trip
- Continuous Anti-Reverse clutch
- SCR aluminum body and side cover
Boca PT Reel Models
|Model||Ratio||I.P.T||Mono Cap||Braid Cap||Max Drag||Bearings||Wt|
|BSP40PTsE||5.3:1||32"||230 yds. / 10 lb.||270yd / 30lb||20 lbs.||6+1||13.3 oz.|
|BSP50PTsE||5.3:1||34"||225 yds. / 12 lb.||325yd / 30lb||20 lbs.||6+1||13.7 oz.|
|BSP60PTsE||4.9:1||35"||300 yds. / 14 lb.||320yd / 50lb||30 lbs.||6+1||23.4 oz.|
|BSP80PTsE||4.9:1||38"||330 yds. / 20 lb.||380yd / 65lb||30 lbs.||6+1||24.2 oz.|
|BSP100PTsE||4.4:1||40"||430 yds. / 20 lb.||480yd / 65lb||45 lbs.||6+1||31.9 oz.|
|BSP120PTsE||4.4:1||42"||530 yds. / 20 lb.||400yd / 80lb||45lbs.||6+1||32.3 oz.|
Additional information on the Boca PT Spinning Reel
- Withstanding The Salt Assault: Working with corrosion experts, Quantum developed their own multi-layer SaltGuard finish to keep PT saltwater reels looking and performing their best.
- Line Management System: Quantum's exclusive LMS Line Management System, available on every Quantum PT spinning reel, is re-designed for 2009 to allow your line to be directed to the line roller even more smoothly upon retrieve.
- Pour On The Sauce: Quantum Hot sauce contains a special, proprietary blend of synthetic and organic additives to provide the ultimate balance in performance, protection, durability, and smoothness in both grease and oil for all fishing equipment.
- Timag®II Bail: The only spinning reels with a Nickel-Titanium bail wire that never gets bent out of shape. And unlike traditional bail springs, Quantum's magnetic bail trip will never wear out and it's guaranteed for life.
- Customized Bearings: Most reels use stock bearings made for other applications. Not Quantum's. They designed their own high-grade stainless bearings to exact specs to minimize vibration and friction. Then Quantum fit them in a special polymer cage for added sensitivity and corrosion protection.
- Ceramics Take The Heat: PT drag systems feature ceramic washers to dissipate heat during long runs. Quantum also use ceramics to reduce wear in their baitcast levelwind systems.
- Unyielding Metal Construction: All PT reels begin with single-piece aluminum frames, each machined with computer-guided precision, to hold all critical components in perfect alignment. Quantum uses special high-strength grades of aluminum to yield lightweight reels that will not flex even during heavy cranking.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DHEP) and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov