The Slide Swimmer 250 is a magnum-sized swimbait designed to mimic large forage species such as trout, hitch and shad when targeting bass. The 10" Deps Slide Swimmer 250 displays the "glide" style action that has become incredibly popular over the past couple of years.
Much of the bait's effectiveness has been attributed to its' completely silent nature. Even the hinges of the jointed-body are precision engineered not to make a sound. The bait's body is constructed from a hard polyurethane foam which is then covered by a soft plastic material; this makes it feel more realistic to fish when they bite down.
The lure, which swims completely on its own free of any diving lip, also boasts an astounding level of detail, including accurate color finishes, 3D eyes and is finished with life-like scale patterns and gills. Deps is one of the most popular bass fishing companies in all of Japan and with creations like the Slide Swimmer 250, they're starting to become a household name stateside as well. The 250 size measures 10" in length and weighs 6.5oz.
New Deps 250 Slide Swimmer
Deps Japan has been hard at it, working on the new Slide Swimmer ABS inject models. The new models will be released in the 175mm size and the 250mm.
The original slide swimmer molds were approaching 10 years of age and needed to be replaced. They saw this as an opportunity to improve on the lure that has brought personal best catches to 1000s of anglers across the world. The owner of Deps Japan and designer of the Slide Swimmer, Kazumasa Okumura, has 12 years of experience with this bait and knew exactly what they could do to augment the baits performance.
Working with the legendary trophy hunter, Butch Brown, who also has 6 years of usage with the Slide Swimmer the two made some modifications that will help get us all get bit more often.
Slide Swimmer Injected Benefits
- Made out of ABS Plastic
- Features soft silicon skin
- The 175 will use Jointed 8 Rings to connect the bodies and for eye ties. This will aid in strength for a shorter sized bait.
- The 250 will use longer heavier duty Heaton screws for body connections and eye ties.
- The slide swimmers come standard with a Rate of Fall of about 5 feet per 10 seconds.
- Color line up options increases. The clear ABS plastic allows for ghost & clear coloring patterns. The original colors to date will also be available.
- A Spring Weight is added to front body. With a slow steady retrieve the spring weight does not emit any sounds just like the original, but when the bait is jerked or fished with a faster retrieve the weighted ball bounces of the walls of the bait producing fish enticing sounds. There is also a slight vibration as the bait falls.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DHEP) and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
First day I used it, got hammered by a big largemouth. The fish jumped threw the 250 at the net. The Deps did it’s job well, I need more practice with a long handled net. I’ve bought many glide baits from monster and outdoor pro shop, all work well. Thanks to all your staff.