The Slide Swimmer 175 is a large, hard plastic swimbait designed to mimic large forage species such as trout, hitch and shad when targeting bass. The 7" Deps Slide Swimmer 175 displays the "glide" style action that has become incredibly popular over the past couple of years. The little brother of the must sought after Deps 250, will soon be available to anglers who are wary of tossing the magnum sized 10" version. Much of the bait's effectiveness has been attributed to its' completely silent nature. Even the hinges of the jointed-body are precision engineered not to make a sound. The bait's body is now constructed from an ABS plastic injection molding process in contrast to the original foam used for the 250. Outside, the bait will still be covered with a soft silicone skin. The lure, which swims completely on its own free of any diving lip, also boasts an astounding level of detail, including accurate color finishes, 3D eyes and is finished with life-like scale patterns and gills. Deps is one of the most popular bass fishing companies in all of Japan and with creations like the Slide Swimmer 175, they're starting to become a household name stateside as well. We will carry the Deps Slide Swimmer 175 in many excellent excellent colors. The 175 size measures 6.88" in length.
Changes in the Deps Silent Swimmer 175
Deps Japan has been hard at it, working on the new Slide Swimmer ABS inject models. The new models will be released in the 175mm size and the 250mm. The original slide swimmer molds were approaching 10 years of age and needed to be replaced. They saw this as an opportunity to improve on the lure that has brought personal best catches to 1000?s of anglers across the world. The owner of Deps Japan and designer of the Slide Swimmer, Kazumasa Okumura, has 12 years of experience with this bait and knew exactly what they could do to augment the baits performance. Working with the legendary trophy hunter, Butch Brown, who also has 6 years of usage with the Slide Swimmer the two made some modifications that will help get us all get bit more often.
Slide Swimmer Injected Benefits
- Made out of ABS Plastic
- Features soft silicon skin
- The 175 will use Jointed 8 Rings to connect the bodies and for eye ties. This will aid in strength for a shorter sized bait.
- The 250 will use longer heavier duty Heaton screws for body connections and eye ties.
- The Heaton used to join the bodies on the 250 will be adjustable. The longer you leave the Heaton the wider action, and the shorter the Heaton the tighter, quicker action the bait has.
- The Silicon Skin will still be removable and the weights will still be on the outside of the body allowing for easy modification. The slide swimmers come standard with a Rate of Fall of about 5 feet per 10 seconds. Adding weight or taking away weight can be done with the new models.
- Color line up options increases. The clear ABS plastic allows for ghost & clear coloring patterns. The original colors to date will also be available.
- A Spring Weight is added to front body. With a slow steady retrieve the spring weight does not emit any sounds just like the original, but when the bait is jerked or fished with a faster retrieve the weighted ball bounces of the walls of the bait producing fish enticing sounds. There is also a slight vibration as the bait falls.
Projected release dates will be for late summer for the 175 and shortly thereafter for the 250.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DHEP) and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov